An update on the writing!
After a bit of work, I finished writing "A recollection of affairs that were meant to happen"
I'm decently happy with how it turned out. I made one or two very tiny mistakes that are going to print, which is unfortunate, but it's a nice story. I wrote this book to participate in a competition; the
"Young Storyteller Award 2024", organized by Thalia and story.one, and on the 26th of September I'll know if I made it into the top 100, and then about a week and a half later if I'm one of the finalists.
"Young Storyteller Award 2024", organized by Thalia and story.one, and on the 26th of September I'll know if I made it into the top 100, and then about a week and a half later if I'm one of the finalists.
I wanted to participate mostly to have an excuse to write with a deadline, and as a creative exercise I guess, so I don't really expect winning anything lmao, but I'll keep you posted.
If anyone is interested in reading this, send me a Direct Message and I'll send you a draft that was very close to the finished product. I cannot access the finished one's file for some reason so I can't send you that, but this final draft was super close to it, so it's practically the same. If you are close to me, maybe I can give you one of the physical copies I got, or you could straight up buy it from Thalia, here's the link:
(I think it's not available to purchase until about two weeks after this blog post was posted)
But anyways, this was very very fun to me. I think I will continue to write in the future, this time without that weird format needed for the competition, and a much longer, developed story. But for now that's all, see ya on the next one!
No comments:
Post a Comment