I went to Innsbruck with my roomies, hung out in the city, Climbed one of the seven Stubai Summits (Serles, 2717m) and went to one of the biggest climbing gym in the planet.
Here's how it went:
The planning was just a 'lil rushed. Like a day before going we still hadn't figured out where we were gonna sleep.
Usually for this sort of trips you reserve your spot in a "Berghütte" a week or two in advance, but since we couldn't meet to decide what mountain to climb, I just decided on one, convinced my roomates to get sleeping bags and hoped we would find space in a camping spot somewhere in Innsbruck. Which we managed, but meant we would have to carry around a bunch of things lmao.
 |
| Hanging out on the way there |
 |
| Carrying entirely too much shit |
.jpeg) |
| Kathi had an important videocall on the bus lmao |
We ended up staying in a camping spot to the west of Innsbruck, which was not as close to the mountain as I would've wanted but it was still super nice. Also I messed up an absurd amount of times on getting us places. I think for next time I'm gonna get a notepad or something.
 |
| The view from the camping spot we stayed at |
.jpeg) |
| Eating a ton of carbs for the hike tomorrow |
We woke up hella late, there was a ton of traffic, and I messed up yet again on the bus-stop to the beginning of the mountain, but none of that was stopping us. The bus stop thing ended up being not such a terrible thing actually, since there was an alternative way up on the town where we got off, in which the beginning of the way up would be a little more intense and steep
.jpeg) |
| Beginning the hike |
At around 1700m (700m up from where we started) is the Wildeben Alpengastheim which is a lovely hut were we got to stamp our stamp-books (I plan on visiting many huts and lakes and a bunch of other things) and hang out in some hammocks, a real nice rest with good ambience.
.jpeg) |
| Kathi made another friend |
 |
| he chillin |
.jpeg) |
| Some cool lookin rocks on the way to the summit |
.jpeg) |
| Me planking near the summit |
 |
| The summit (hell yea) |
On the summit we stamped our books (I also plan on doing all 7 summits) and took in the view, it was a little cloudy, but it still managed to look pretty darn spectacular, we talked to some other guy who made it to the top around the same time, and then i collected a plushie giraffe that likes to travel. I will leave it in whatever next summit I go to.

After reaching the summit we hung out once more in the hut, we got some lunch and then kept going downwards.
.jpeg) |
| Jorge in his natural receiving stance |
 |
| We were pretty darn tired at the end |
 |
| I'm not sure when this was, but it was a nice meal |
I didn't take many photos the last day, but Jorge had to leave earlier, so Me and Kathi went to the KI (Kletterzentrum Innsbruck) where a climbing competition was taking place. Because I still have no rope we only did bouldering and top rope climbing, but it was still super fun. Kathi jokingly said one of the routes changed her life because of how tricky/scary it was towards the end.
After we left it started to rain pretty badly, luckily I was prepared. (Don't I look good in this pic?)
All around a pretty good trip. See ya next time heheh
No comments:
Post a Comment